Thursday 12 December 2019

My reflection on my Inquiry

 Write a reflection on your own professional learning through this inquiry cycle. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed our PD for CoL meetings led by our Woolf Fisher researchers Hana, Aaron, and Rebecca. I have appreciated and learnt a lot from Hana and Aaron's step by step 'delving deeper' into finding what the actual challenge is for learners are. My normal reaction or next step would be "Oh I think TESSOL strategies would help them". Jumping straight to a solution rather than conducting some actual research into what has already worked for others.

I enjoyed Rebeccas random challenges when she's in attendance. "So what did you change in your teaching? How do you know that's what caused the change? where's your proof/evidence?"

Working so closely with my target group of students enabled me to get to know them better, especially their families as we conducted consistent bits of data throughout their learning journey this year.

As I head into the new year, my wonderings still remain about Mr Burts 'three-fer' and how we go about achieving that. This year, my professional kete has been filled, not just learning about my own teaching practice, but also new and interesting ideas for my team of teachers next year.
It has been a great year 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment