Friday 25 October 2019

Digital Fluency Intensive #6

Our focus for our 6th DFI session was all about dealing with data. This was definitely the perfect timing to have this session as we near the end of year with all our data analysis for end of year testing. This will also help me to collate data and how best to show progress/achievement from my own inquiry as part of our CoL role.

My 2 interesting things I learnt was the use of Google My Maps and Pick a path option in Google Forms. My maps was great to see the potential it has when teaching maths or showing a classroom profile in terms of where students are from using the world map. Forms would definitely be an option to use in class more often - especially with the current quiz form I am currently composing - as students are really interested in being tested on current events.

Google Sheets - this great tool just got better as I learnt more things I can do on it. I use sheets daily for planning, student turn-in sheets, and for team data collection. Something new I've learnt how to do today and will be sharing with my team is analysing our students blog post numbers. Here is a graph I've created using sheets about Zaeeda's blog posts over the years. From here I could have some really good learning conversations with her about her blogging over the years and ask maybe why she has only blogged in Jan this year and last. It could be that she didn't take her chromebook home over the holidays? I will definitely be revisiting Robyn Anderson from Panmure Bridge's blog post to follow through on her statistics unit as part of our maths programme in Term 1. Thank you Robyn!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Latini, we had some really good content today. I like how you've used Google sheets to display your analysed data. I've used this programme in the past but today's learning was very useful as I had a chance to refresh my knowledge. I believe we all learnt a few new functions today. You can also download add-ons, create your own, and write custom code.
    Enjoy the long weekend!


    It's online, so you can gather data with your spreadsheet automatically and do almost anything you want, even when your spreadsheet isn't open.

    Google Sheets is a great tool for collaboration and it's available from any device.

    ReplyDelete